Would love people's input on which prototype has the best design.
Will do a 1st, 2nd, 3rd prize. Please like the entry you find most compelling (I'm going to reply with all three to this cast.)
If you want to see a world-class PWA, try X / Twitter in your mobile browser. The engineering work that went into it pre-dated Elon era.
And then after using it for a bit, re-download the X / Twitter native app and feel the difference. Not even close.
- Create an example Farcaster app using Expo and React Native
- Show global trending casts using @neynar in a feed
- Ability to tap into a cast and see replies
- Not in scope: auth, write, notifications
- Code is in a GitHub open source, MIT license
- Tie-breaker is best design
ChatGPT story prompting
We sit down and I ask my son what he wants to "make a picture of". I add in a prompt that approximates what he looks like and then we work on "what's next"?
Endless amusing and then if you save the photos to album you a customized story book to show during a tantrum.
(Not sure if this would work.)
An interesting Farcaster experiment might be hooking up a few Character AIs to a Farcaster account.
- Avg Farcaster user: use the entire corpus of casts to approximate the avg Farcaser user. Someone can tag the bot in to get answer questions
- Conservative / Liberal steelman bot
For those that studied computer science in college, do you think the current generation or near-future improvements to LLMs would have made your major easier / same / harder?
- Homework gets easier whether cheating or trying to get unstuck.
- Tests are same? Harder?
- AI tutor helps teach genuinely curious students?
If you’re building a consumer app, the best chance at retention is:
1. mobile app
2. Push notifications
3. Email notifications
Can’t think of a recent successful consumer app that didn’t have this.
Best I can come up with is MetaMask, Uniswap and OpenSea. But less consumer and more financial (ie whale heavy).